- leave a comment, saying you want to be interviewed.
- i will respond; i’ll ask you five questions.
- you’ll update your website with my five questions, and your five answers.
- you’ll include this explanation.
- you’ll ask other people five questions when they want to be interviewed.
My five questions come from Mr. Juicebox [Jeremy]
1) Which Simpsons character is your favorite, and why? [this assumes you watch the Simpsons. If not, pick a cartoon you do/did enjoy watching]
That’s a tough one. I think Cletus is my current favorite, mainly because he’s gotten some of the best lines over the past season. Uter is also a perennial favorite.
2) Describe how you came to live in Austin.
I came down here from Dallas to go to UT in 1989 and have been here ever since (except for a two year stint in Manhattan/Queens for grad school). I have no plans on leaving anytime soon.
3) I see you’ve got a link to Wil Wheaton dot Net on your site. How did you come across his site?
He did an interview on Slashdot last summer and I first checked out the site then. I’ve always been a big fan of Stand By Me. He and I are pretty close in age and have similar interests, so I kept reading.
4) If you could go back in time and ‘tweak’ history, when/what might that be?
I’ll be selfish and do it for personal gain. I’d go back to 1990, take the money that I had available and invest it in several of the emerging tech stocks: Dell, Cisco, Microsoft among others. I’d then take the earnings from those and ride the wave of crazy IPOs in 1998-2000. Finally, I’d sell everything in February of 2000 before the first big drop and retire.
5) Talk about a favorite actor/actress/director from the Silver Age of movies [mid '50s to early '70s].
I googled for the silver age to get an idea of who I should focus on, but couldn’t find much oddly enough. I’ll have to go with Alfred Hitchcock. He spans a longer period than that, but he’ll do. I can’t say more than has already been said. He’s a genius. I’m partial to Saboteur, Notorious, Rope, Dial M for Murder, Rear Window, Trouble With Harry, Vertigo and North By Northwest among others.